Enrolling at Ruby Van Meter School

Students enrolled in a Des Moines Public School who wish to attend Ruby Van Meter School must have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).

Students are served in the least restrictive environment. Many DMPS schools are able to meet the special needs of students with IEPs.

Parent/guardians should start the process for investigating a transfer by speaking with the Special Education Consultant at their student’s home school. Contact your school office or administrator if you do not know the name of your Special Education Consultant.

Ruby Van Meter School cannot accept students from outside of the Des Moines Public School boundaries at this time.